July 8, 2016 Subject:
Don't Avoid This Run!
This is the source for whole show. I have been listening to this Fillmore run for almost a month now. Check it out and loose your self.
May 28, 2015 Subject:
Reviewer:Go Faster, Get Rounder
January 31, 2015 Subject:
There isn't anything better than 1970 Grateful Dead. I mean that sincerely. Unfortunately, there is all too little of it.
I cannot tell you how highly I prize this. I was just transfixed while listening to it.
My compliments to the taper and chefs--your efforts paid off phenomenally.
December 21, 2014 Subject:
soundboards or not
1970 is most enjoyable. Baby Blue stands out version wise.
April 5, 2013 Subject:
Thursday Night at the Fillmore West
"Swing Low" aside, where there was a sizeable gap in the SBD source, dusborne's matrix is the way to go for the acoustic set. The intro and "Monkey" are pure AUD, and a pure AUD "Swing Low" is easily available elsewhere.
School is out for summer, meaning I'm 1A again, and in another week or so I'll again start working swing-shift six nights a week at the Del Monte pickle factory in San Jose, but tonight I'm driving my '54 Ford pick-up to SF to see the GD for the first time, taking my then 14-year old brother and a buddy along with me; free apples, handbills and posters included, all for $3 admission. Led Zep, with Isaac Hayes, at Winterland last November was fun, but there were those girls panhandling while we were in line; "spare change to see the Grateful Dead?" and the Dead decided not to play at Altamont last December. We obviously chose a perfect spot on the floor and it was just like having them in your living room, with a few balloons bouncing around too. The album Workingman's Dead will be released in about a week.
The ACOUSTIC set list:
1) Intro/a few million adjustments/while we're waiting for Pigpen
2) (song that needs no introducton) Monkey and the Engineer
3) Deep Elem Blues
5) Silver Threads and Golden Needles
6) Friend of the Devil
7) Black Peter
8) Cumberland Blues
9) Wake Up Little Suzie
10) Swing Low Sweet Chariot
11) Uncle John's Band
The ELECTRIC set list:
1) Electrical Difficulty > Intro > Casey Jones
2) Me and My Uncle
3) Hard to Handle
4) electrical problems> English Accent Dog (Not Yellow) Joke
5) 999,999 Bottles of Beer
6) more electrical trouble//It's a Sin
7) tape flip//China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider
8) Attics of My Life
9) It's a Man's World - does Pigpen shout what he means to?
10) New, New Minglewood Blues
11) Good Lovin'
12) St. Stephen - hear the on-stage firecracker or cherry-bomb?>
Not Fade Away >
13) It's All Over Now Baby Blue//that's all!